Friday, January 23, 2009

Science/Math Technology

I had so much fun exploring the Celestia technology program. I never knew there was such a great program that helped someone explore the solar system. The visual effects and available tools included in the program help the solar system come to life. I was able to see the planets, stars, moons, and eclipses. I saw Earth rotate and revolve around the sun, as well as the moon rotate and revolve around Earth. The movements that occur in the sky were available to me on a computer screen! This program would be great to introduce to students because it is exciting and intriguing. A student would be able to learn a lot and collect visual data just from spending a couple minutes exploring Celestia. Not only is the program fun, but it is academically rewarding at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment